Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mr. Blake



Nothing. And I mean nothing. NOTHING is safe from being sold by my Blake. He sells candy, sea shells, lemonade, toys, ROCKS. And the scary thing is this: they sell! His latest sale featured all the goods he got from a birthday party that he went to last weekend. When we went to pick him up he was filling (FILLING) his gallon ziploc full of birthday garb. And don't think he wasn't planning his sale all along as he rummaged for more stuff. The next day he wasted no time getting going as he filled the candy stand with candy, the Halloween bucket with toys, and prepped the cash register. He was getting ready to top the $4.50 he made the previous weekend selling candy from the pantry. I don't know what he ended up with, but I'll tell you that he had several patrons and made some dough. I feel like I should issue a heart-felt "sorry" to all the moms on this street who have kids begging them for quarters so they can buy something from Blake. Which brings me to another point. If you are going to come to this store, please bring quarters. Blake prefers those...

ps- the car seat was not for sale. Blake decided it was a good seat to perch on while I washed the cover. Check out the simple set up, though.

3 comments:

The Dunyons said...

That is too cute! He'll make it far in life.

Justin and Jill said...

I think Blake takes after you in this area. Remember when you tried to sell Alpo dog food in milk as Crunch Berries to the neighborhood kids? One particular neighborhood mom didn't fall for it and sent buttons for payment instead of coins. Party pooper.

Bryan Crew said...

Amen to "party pooper". Lady, it's not my fault your kids fell for it. Paybacks for stealing our candy bars out of our freezer...and breaking into the shell camper...and for having a cat!