Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Boston Marathon 2010

Darren and I had a great time at Boston this year. This is my fastest marathon time so far- 3:13. It was also the hardest race I've ever done. And the coolest. We traveled this year with several couples- both Threshers, Fellows, Olsens. Everyone trained hard and did well. Will I do it again? Probably. But it might be fun to do another city- like Chicago or New York. Or anywhere in Hawaii.

First five pictures are taken in the Boston Commons park/garden.






Next four pictures are taken of the Charles River. This was the view outside of our hotel room.





Following two pictures are of the whole group out to eat/play the night after the marathon. The first picture is of all the runners in our group.



Me at the final turn just before the finish line appears. Probably one of the hardest points of any race that I have ever done. I think there was about a 1/4 to 1/2 mile left at this point.



JFK Memorial Museum (or something like that). I just wanted a nap!


Red Sox game.




Street performers. I'm spacing the area of town we were in. I can tell you that it was cold, though.



Expo. I think we visited here three different times. It's a fun place to go in anticipation for the event.


3 comments:

Gina said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of fun and also like no fun at all. Congrats!

fourballerinas said...

Wow Alison, the Boston Marathon- you're an animal!!! What an accomplishment. I wish I had your stamina. I'm SUPER DUPER impressed. I'd love to invite you to my blog. We were in Utah for most of June so I have A LOT of catching up to do on the blog. Just send me your email address and I'll send an invite you to it. My email is
4ballerinas@gmail.com
Audrey

Paula said...

I have to agree with Gina! However, I am excited that you are taking care of your "temple" as you set and achieve your goals. Ummm, who else does that remind me of!?