Saturday, January 8, 2011

Red Rock Hike over Thanksgiving Wknd 2010

Excuse the camera blur. I took the boys hiking with friends (Darren stayed home with a napping Nash) over Thanksgiving weekend. The kids had a ton of fun scrambling over the rocks and making it to the top of a canyon in Red Rock. Even Keaton was a trooper and saved complaining (and it was only a little) for the very end of the return trip out of the canyon. It's so nice to be surrounded by friends who enjoy the same things that we do and make it work to do these kind of outings together!





Blake meditating...

2 comments:

fourballerinas said...

Thanks for the cute idea about the binki. I wonder if Ava would "get" that if I did it this early. She's almost 16 months. I want to get rid of it now, yet hesitant because I fear she would stop napping. I should stop fretting about it. At least she won't start kindergarten with it.
Looks like you guys are having a good time there.
Audrey

fourballerinas said...

Ava has a beloved blankie too which will definately be a good thing when I do take it away. I think I'm going to start in March when the "sick all the time" season is over. It seems with kids this age they are sick, well for a few days, then sick again. My second (Savannah) sucked her thumb and had buck teeth too. We told her when she got a big girl bed that she would have to stop and miraculously she did at 2 1/4 years old. Her teeth moved back into place within 4-6 months (hard to remember). Good to know what a dentist thinks. Thanks for your advice.
Audrey