Sunday, October 28, 2007

Angel's Among Us




If you are reading this blog then you have to understand that (not to be rude) this isn't really for you. It's for me and my family. So some things may seem a bit detailed or boring or maybe even sappy. I'm just trying to freeze time a bit and make this as close to a journal as possible. This particular post may seem a bit cheesy but that's the mood I'm in after putting the most sweet baby to bed.

The minute my babies were born I always felt that special feeling that a mother feels when a new spirit joins the family. With Keaton this was very true. I had this overwhelming feeling that he was so special and that he will do something great in this life. He continues to bless each day with his angelic qualities. He is such a good baby!

My little guy is getting so big! He is still learning to walk (his "late" walking is something he must have inherited from me). He wants to hold my finger instead of go out on his own. I'm enjoying the 1:1 this allows as he drags me to whatever he wants to do. Yesterday we were outside with the neighborhood kids and Keaton walked me to a play rocket and he bent down and picked it up. Then he walked me over to the launch pad and put the rocket onto the stick. Then he walked me to the pump that the pad is hooked to and he started to pump it! I had to help him remember the last step which was to pull another handle to launch the rocket. He watched it land and then we started it all over again. It's amazing to see what he has learned just by watching the kids play.

Keaton has some serious moves and he will do some dancing if he hears music or singing. He is a great audience as he will clap and say "again" after I sing to him. I've been reciting the ABC's and singing the song to him. If you ask him where the ABC's are, then he will point to letters that he sees. I'm pretty sure that I have another genius on my hands.

Keaton has a cute way of crawling. He keeps one hand fisted and the other hand flattened out. That's what he is doing in the picture above of him in the striped shirt. I love it! He also has another fun habit- he loves the tag on his favorite blue blanket. He hold it and rubs the tag between his thumb and finger when he is soothing himself. It's interesting that he does this because Blakers also did that with his blanket. When I lay him in bed and give him his blanket I always say "tag, where are you?" and he will laugh his contagious laugh and sometimes repeat "are ooo".
I feel so lucky to have Keaton with us. He brings out the best in our family.

1 comment:

Justin and Jill said...

He is such a sweet guy. His eyes are so beautiful. This is a great way to share your thoughts about your kids; one day he'll read this and know that his mommy definitely loves him!