Saturday, December 29, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007

As if I needed a reminder on a reason that I love living in Vegas...we ventured into the unknown frozen tundra of Utah to spend Christmas this year. Besides being tough to get everything ready and into the car for our frosty adventure, I am glad that we got to make this trip and spend this time of year with my family. We spent time at several family parties getting caught back up in the lives of my many cousins.
At Great's Christmas party there was a talent show and I anticipated that there would be lots of instrumental and singing talent so we decided to spice it up a bit with our own magic show. Blake and Ethan did one magic trick each and then we had the grand finale of cutting Ethan in half. It was funny. Ethan and I played a Deck the Halls duet on the piano. We tried to get Blake to do his armpit fart Jingle Bells song but he was too shy.








Of course, we had to go to the lights at Temple Square. We went on Sunday night and it was beautiful. The weather was nicer than we anticipated but we still bundled the boys in strollers. I enjoyed the lights but I especially enjoyed walking around the Visitor's Center. The Church is so organized! I felt very proud to be a member as I walked through. The kids enjoyed it, too.





















My mom, once again, organized a great time. On Christmas Eve we went to Brick Oven for lunch and then the Alvin and the Chipmunk movie. The kids had a great time with cousins.















We spent Christmas morning with the Mauss' and Santa was good to remember that we would be there instead of Vegas. Ethan got a gear bike, Blakers got a jet ski game and an MP3 player, Keaton got a race track, Darren got running gear and I got a Mac computer. Darren always throws in a good surprise. Up until very recently I have been against getting a game system for the boys. I just want them to play outside and be more creative with their time. But I have to admit that I am slowly starting to think that it would be fun to have one to use as leverage...maybe they'd stay in bed at night or stop fighting or stop giving me attitude or... wishful thinking?
Jill and Justin were good to us and let us stay at their house. Ethan, Blake, and Jackson got a long pretty darn good. It was fun to watch them play football and tackle each other. Little Jackson is a tough little guy. Bowen was his usual jolly self- that kid has such a gorgeous smile. It is contagious. I don't know if Jill and J-Dog will ever let us stay again. Keaton got the stomach flu on Christmas Eve and was sick for the rest of our trip. We actually cut it a day short just to get him out of there so that we wouldn't get everyone else sick. But we didn't leave until after the boys had a chance to go sledding. We went to a nearby school and they had so much fun! Conditions were perfect- the snow was fresh and soft and it had just started to lightly snow. It's times like this (when I'm warm) that I can see why Utah is fun in the winter.










Merry Christmas!

ps- maybe next year if I start in October I will get a Christmas card together?!

1 comment:

Justin and Jill said...

Weird that Ethan, Blake, and Jackson are tackling each other...

It was fun to have you for a visit in the frozen tundra. Now that we've gone sledding a few times, I think we can officially say we need a break from the weather and will be heading to Vegas soon...