Thursday, January 17, 2008

Oh, What Do We Do in the Wintertime...









Do I have to rub it in? Can Las Vegas be the best place to live in the winter? It's not uncommon for me to call my sister, Jill, in SLC and tease her that we are at the park in just long sleeve shirts. The great outdoors has become even greater for the Bryan's as we have added a new family hobby- mountain biking. So far we have spent most of our time in the mountains by Blue Diamond. This is a nice little town out by Red Rock that we have come to enjoy. It is about a 15 minute drive through our beautiful outdoor playground. Ethan got a gear bike for Christmas and Blake is happy with his current bike. Darren and I share a bike and take turns being with Keaton. Ethan is the cautious kid- he is trying to get used to riding with his brakes on the handlebars. He seems to enjoy the twisting flat courses. Blake is a bit more care-free. When I was following behind him on our last trip out he was fish-tailing down a hill and still pedaling! He kept saying "this is fun!". It's fun to join our friends and look forward to our hot chocolate treasure that is waiting for us at the end of our trail.

5 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

Hey, what's there to tease about? Are you telling me that you think 16 degrees for a high is not fun!? Those are my favorite days in the frozen tundra aka Salt Lake City! Can't wait for a trip to Vegas!

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

Ha Ha! I love that you call Jill especially because she hates winter so bad!! Fun for you kids to play outside year round - now that I have kids (or a kid) i am really not liking the idea of winter!! I hope all is well down there - and the pack rat post! too much - i can't stop laughing!!

Anonymous said...

Alison -

Your post of taking your kids to Blue Diamond inspired us, we have wanted to take the boys there forever and never have. After we saw your cute pictures, we took them this past weekend. Thanks for the great idea, they had a great time, we should have gone forever ago. We are so lucky to live by such a beautiful/fun place .

Sara said...

I know Vegas is the place to be right now! Ahh I just love it! I hope it last as long as possible.

Emily said...

What a great time. Vegas is such a fun place to live, but it also helps that you guys are such fun parents!