Tuesday, June 10, 2008

SGTRI 2008




I hadn't done a triathlon since before I got pregnant with Keaton. It was long overdue... I was signed up to do the St. George Tri so even though I hadn't swam very much in almost 3 years (wow!) I decided to still do the race. It was Fathers and Sons weekend so Keaton and I got to spend time with G and G Bryan in St. George while Darren went to the mountains with Ethan and Blake.
The day of the tri was cold and WINDY! Long story short, my behind was saved because the swim portion got canceled just before our group was to get into the white capped water. My race was just the biking and running- both of which I think are divine. It was nice to be around that atmosphere again but, truthfully, I felt like a bigger girl driving to Utah all by myself (with Keaton) in Darren's car.

3 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

I think running is divine too--running to the fridge to get a Diet Coke that is!

Emily said...

Jill, you and I are kindred spirits. Al - I am so proud of you for making that drive, you really are a big girl. How come I have a feeling that it wouldn't have mattered about the swim - you still would have done well.

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

You are the bomb - how do you do it? I wish I was as cool as you -no really I do!