Thursday, September 25, 2008

Proud Mama




These pictures were taken of the boys on the first day of school. Both have teachers that seem to make them enjoy being there- they come happy every day. In fact, they both have had a great attitude- I think it helps that there has been a change to cooler weather and that means that we get to be outside lots! I have to admit that no tears were close to being shed when they went on that first day. Not because I didn't miss them, but because they were so ready to have an outlet outside of our summer play. Now they have their own domain for a few hours each day.

I have to add some recent achievements that have made me so proud of the Bryan boys...

Ethan: He came home and told me he wanted to be a class representative at school. This meant that he had to prepare a speech and be part of a class vote. We worked on a small speech and his teacher sent me an email during the next school day that said that she was very impressed with him. He'd done a great job and he was voted as the representative. I was just proud of him for having a desire to put himself out like that! He told me that he had butterflies in his stomach- I thought that was cute!

Blake: He has worked hard on a reading program since last Feb. We took it slow but he liked it and took pride in his progress. It really paid off because instead of starting at a level 1 in kindergarten, he was sent home with a level 6 book! Then, after two days of that his teacher thought it wasn't challenging enough so now he is at a level 10! Yeah! Just to give you the bigger picture, level 4 is a goal to get the kindergarteners to by the end of the year. We are so proud of him and best of all, he likes to read!

Keaton: My cute two-year-old has a memory of an elephant. He was sad when I dropped him off at a play date so I told him that I'd take him to McDonald's after. He called me out on it when I got there to pick him up so off we went. Once there, he was way up top and we could hear a little girl crying because she was stuck in the tube that was made out of a big net. I looked up to watch Keaton crawl to her, take her hand, and show her where to grab another tube where she felt more safe. He said "there you go". She stopped crying and the hero went on his merry way. I think he made her cry later, though.

These are the days that make a Mama proud.

2 comments:

JENNIE! said...

Hey alison! such adorable kiddos! What reading program did you use for Blake? I am trying to get something extra to help jackson?
- jennie

Justin and Jill said...

How do you know that elephants have good memories? Did you learn that from one of Blake's level 10 books?
Teylor thinks Keaton and Bowen look alike. We'll take that compliment anytime!