Saturday, January 23, 2010

Vegas Beauty

We took the kids hiking at Calico Canyon a few weekends ago. We went with out friends and neighbors, the Dijkmans. Their boys are Blake's and Keaton's ages. I love going here because I can backpack Nash in and then he can get down and explore while the kids scramble around. We don't have to go far- Calico and Red Rock are like an extension of our backyard. I feel lucky to live close to all of this stuff!






The sunset was awesome for a few days in a row last week. Keaton came running in to the house to get me to show me this particular night. The picture doesn't do it justice!

3 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

Wow! It's been awhile since I've seen a sunset. That is awesome.

fourballerinas said...

Amazing sunset and fun hike. Cute boys!

Paula said...

You do have some beautiful hills on which to scramble. Your boys are lucky they have a mom who so enjoys the outdoors! You (Alison) weren't so lucky. Your mom's a whimp!