Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Can You Hear Me Now?


So, picture this. I'm in the kitchen finishing dinner and I've just phoned our neighbor to send Blake home. The phone rings. I look at caller ID and notice that the number calling is me. I'm confused. How am I calling me? Surely there's a reason that my cell number is coming up on caller ID. I answer and it is Blake. He has called to confirm that what my neighbor has told him is correct. Is it really time for dinner? Oh, that's where my cell phone has been. In the pant pocket of a 4 year-old pack rat. I couldn't help start laughing and tell him to come home. A few minutes later I get another call from me. This time Blake is asking for $25 to buy a toy that he's been thinking a lot about lately. Is this a ransom call? Will I ever get my phone back? I ask him where he is and he tells me that he's in the road playing ball with his friend. I checked and indeed he was. At least he took the time to check in...

2 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

I love this kid!

Jake, Teylor, Walker & Hayes said...

that is too hilarious!! Looks like he needs his own phone mom:) I really can't stop laughing