Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Break


















































I was so sorry to see Christmas break come to an end. It's so nice to let the kids just be kids (okay, they still had to endure my designated reading and writing time each day) but then there was nothing but playing with friends and family. I now know what size of bowling shoe to get for the whole family- we became regulars there as we went 3 different times (twice with the Threshers!). We had such fabulous weather! The parks became our friends- imagine me riding my bike with trailer and two older kids on bikes by my side to the park down the street...belly and all. (My mom is going to kill me when she reads that.) I couldn't help but wonder if the people in the cars at the intersections were staring/laughing. One day Ethan spent 6 hours at the park! Joanna and Chris came to Vegas and spent time with many adoring nephews! We hiked, partied (Chris' birthday was the 31st), bbq'ed with the U football game, shopped, and went to Golden Spoon. I'm grateful for an awesome family and great friends!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Alison, I swear you write stuff about the awesome weather down there and fun trips to the park just to make us Northerners jealous. Don't you long to have your lower jaw quiver and your hands become stiff and difficult to move because of the cold. I can think of ONE good reason you should move back north. We get to wear coats 6 months out of the year with extra pockets for storing and carrying things. This extra storage room gives us the ability to handle all of the extra STUFF you have to pack around to raise a family. You have to wear shorts 10 months out of the year with no storage capacity built in. I admire you for your ability to raise your family as well as you do without the use of the multi-purpose coat. Come up some time for a visit and we can re-introduce you to the wonderful world of cold and all the benefits that comes with it.

Greg

Bryan Crew said...

Greg,

Two words for you- flip flops. They are the best inventions in the world. You no longer will be looking for socks every morning or tying shoes for the little ones. Heck, you can even mix and match them (accidentally or not) and nobody will even notice. Oh, would go on, but I need to hurry out the door. I told Blake that I would take him to the park and practice playing tennis. We will probably ride our bikes over there together, hit balls for a while, swing, have a snack, and then come home and BBQ. After all, it is 67 degrees out there.

Al

Paula said...

Now, now children...no bickering. It doesn't matter where you live or what you wear as long as you take time out to go visit Grandpa and Grandma Bailey!!

P.S. You're right, Alison, I am sitting here looking at you hiking on those slick rocks and reading about you riding your bike AND SHAKING MY HEAD!

Paula said...

Now, now children...no bickering. It doesn't matter where you live or what you wear as long as you take time out to go visit Grandpa and Grandma Bailey!!

P.S. You're right, Alison, I am sitting here looking at you hiking on those slick rocks and reading about you riding your bike AND SHAKING MY HEAD!

Paula said...

Now, now children...no bickering. It doesn't matter where you live or what you wear as long as you take time out to go visit Grandpa and Grandma Bailey!!

P.S. You're right, Alison, I am sitting here looking at you hiking on those slick rocks and reading about you riding your bike AND SHAKING MY HEAD!