Sunday, May 3, 2009

From the Oldest to the Youngest


We had such a great weekend. Nash was blessed on Friday, May 1. Ethan was baptized on Saturday, May 2. Grandma and Grandpa Bailey, Joanna and Jill and their families, all of Darren's siblings that live in Vegas, and Gr. and Gr. Bryan were all here to us celebrate along with lots of close friend families.
Nash continues to be such a wonderful baby. I feel so lucky to have him. This baby even smiles in the middle of the night when I'm changing his diaper. Time is going by so fast with our little guy and I found myself becoming sad as I boxed up his 0-3 month outfits because he has outgrown them. I hope that I will find all of the time I can to cuddle with him and love him and play with him. I actually love picking him up in the middle of the night because he is so warm a cozy and I can't help but think of a yummy chocolate candy with an ooey-gooey middle. Just thinking of this baby makes me smile. He is so happy!
Darren gave him a great blessing. I know that Nash has so much to offer this world!




Ethan was baptized after YEARS of waiting. I remember that he asked me when he was 5-years-old when he would have a chance to be baptized. He has been eagerly waiting and the anticipation was just getting greater and greater as the day approached. He was thrilled to get new scriptures with his name on them and I heard him telling some friends to try and scratch his name off the scriptures. A-ha! He'd tell them that the name doesn't come off- "it's permanent!" One day when he was told to start his daily reading time I went back to check on him and he was reading the scriptures. He informed me that this was his book of choice and he has read that many times since. He keeps his scouting book in the scripture bag that he chose. That is another huge deal for him. Scouts! Yeah. We got in there just in time for the raingutter regatta. That's another post.
There are so many things that I love about Ethan. One that stands out is his desire to make new friends, be social, and give everything a test run. He makes a new friends every where that we go. He chit-chats constantly when friends are around (uh, that might not be a favorite trait according to his school teachers). He likes to be involved- class representative, trying out for things like the talent show, etc. I don't tell him to do these things but I'm thrilled that he suggests them and then follows through! Sometimes when I look at Ethan I think that he is glowing with goodness. Sounds cheesy, but he is just a good boy. (And he has great skin- maybe that's what is glowing.) Ethan is a great big brother and is a good example for the three following.


How proud does he look!?


He wanted a picture of him doing the "wave" with is arms.



After the baptism we met at the park with family and friends and had a fun picnic. I forgot to break the camera out until the end of the festivities. Thanks, Chris and JoJo for sticking around for a picture!

4 comments:

Christopher said...

We enjoyed being there for both of those special occasions. You have such a cute family. We love your family pictures!

Unknown said...

Wish we were closer and could have participated in those important events. Your family is beautiful.

Justin and Jill said...

That jumpsuit looks great on Darren. He should think about investing in one of those.

We loved being in Vegas with you guys. Thanks for being such great hosts! Does Nash miss me?

Paula said...

What a great family! We love you and enjoyed spending time with you.