Sunday, May 17, 2009

Thanks, Mom


This post is long overdue... My mom just left after surviving with us for 10 days. If you know my mom then you know how awesome the past 10 days have been for us. We've had yummy meals, up-to-date laundry, a live-in nanny, a personal grocery shopper, a house cleaner, and best of all- a good friend. My mom is such a giver. She even slept in my room the night after my surgery so that she could change Nash and bring him to me when he was ready to eat. I've had a good time sleeping in and taking naps- both of which I hope my mom will now do for herself now that she is back home. Oh ya, and you should see the book she made for Ethan when he was baptized. It is an awesome keep-sake and she spent a lot of time putting it together for his special day. Thanks for making everyone feel special, Mom. Basically what I'm trying to say is this...my mom is better than yours!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

No kidding. It's like, even if we had money and could afford a nanny, cook, housekeeper, etc. You still couldn't pay for the complete love and devotion from your mom. She is awesome. Although - due to conflicting geneology - I can't concede about who's mom is better!! haha Maelynn is excited to spend time with you guys this summer.

Joanna and Chris said...

Amen to that!

fourballerinas said...

Yeah, you're mom is awesome. So, you had surgery? Hope it was nothing serious. Loved all your previous posts. What a special weekend to have two boys get something special from their dad. Glad that you have so much family to share that with. We didn't have any family out here when Alyssa was born. Glad you are enjoying every minute of that adorable little boy. Looks like those boys keep you on your toes and that your having a lot of fun on your toes. Cute boys!!!
Audrey

Paula said...

I was laughing out loud when I read about Blake's rock sale! Now you made me cry...that's a real turn around within about 30 seconds. Thanks for being so sweet!