Friday, November 30, 2007

A Few of My Favorite Things

There is so much that I love about living here. Sure, it's a desert that turns into a raving inferno in the summer, but we can easily get over that with dawn to dusk swimming. I've included a list of a few of my favorite things about our home...

* Our cul-de-sac is awesome. At any given time there is a handful off kids (mostly boys) and dogs playing out on the street. Bikes, scooters, baseball, basketball, trampolines, frisbees, you name it and it's probably out there somewhere. I love it when a neighbor kid walks in the door and feels comfortable enough to stick around and play- even if my kids aren't there!




* Our park. Summerlin is covered in fun, close parks for us to choose from. One of my fav's is the park that is in our neighborhood. During the spring and fall months we walk there atleast once a day. This usually includes a parade of kids from the neighborhood joining us.

* Red Rock. We live close to the beautiful Red Rock Park amd Mountains. It's so close that either Darren or I are biking or running there. We have great friends who share in this addiction to this beautiful area and it's fun to get a group of people together for a hike with the kiddos. These pictures are of us playing there over Veteran's weekend. I strapped Keaton to my back and the boys walked along with friends. Good thing we had some men folk with us- there were some seriously hard places on this hike! We ended up back in the mountain in an area where the kids could run around and scramble on the rocks, play in soft sand, hide in caves...it was a great day.







*We are smack in the middle of Utah and Southern California- our two favorite places to visit.

* The people here are awesome. Our kids are growing up with good kids and Darren and I are lucky to have great friends who are like family to us. Included is a picture of the boys bowling with their friends- the Francis', Fellows, Mainors, and Threshers.




* Darren has three siblings that live close. Our kids are some of the younger grand-kids on the Bryan side. Our boys love this because it means that they get to play with older cousins.

...these are just a few of my favorite things about our home!

1 comment:

Justin and Jill said...

Great recap of home! Still loving Blakers tank tops, but I guess that's what you can do when you live in Vegas! It is pretty cool that you guys have such close friends. Can't wait for Disneyland!