Friday, November 7, 2008

Howlloween 2008

Halloween is quickly becoming one of my most favorite holidays. Here are a few of our highlights- in random order.




Ober had it's annual pumpkin carving contest. I'm not kidding when I say that I've had an idea in my head since last year's contest. Neither kiddo went for it, though. Ethan did GI Joe since he was dressing in army garb. Blakers chose the UFO idea. Both boys took home a prize- first (Ethan) and third (Blake). Keaton had to get in on the deal and paint a pumpkin. He had to pose on the counter like that after he saw Blake do it. Ethan's got the gun cocked and ready to fire...




I only posted these after being bugged by all of the elaborate things that my friends bake/cook/sew. I'm sick of it. How do you like my border-line WT cooking. There's nothing wrong with canned croissant rolls wrapping a hot dot like a mummy...the 5 and 7-year-olds like them.




Halloween-Eve was a busy day...Keaton's music class costume party and the school parade. Ethan came walking out of his room in full salute. I swear he planned that on his own. I love that Blake was happy being a soccer player...without shin guards, socks, or cleats. Keaton reported that he was a nice spider- as opposed to a spooky one.





Ward Trunk-or-Treat. Blake is with his good friend River. Ethan is with Sam and Steven. Keaton was as cute as ever telling everyone "happy Halloween" while getting the goods.

I totally know what I want to be next year already. I'm not kidding. And, I have a few ideas for the pumpkin carving contest.

4 comments:

Justin and Jill said...

Your kids seriously crack me up. Ethan's salute, Blake's 1/2 Halloween costume, and Keaton trying to copy Blake. Wow...

Your pumpkins are cute. Pass on the info for your plans next year!

Paula said...

Thanks for sharing the cute pictures. I've been checking your blog regularly since Halloween; your pictures were worth the wait!

Gina said...

Your kids are so cute. It looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. I loved the pumpkins-what creative kids!

Andrea said...

Your food is not borderline WT, it is borderline Martha. Mail in those pics and they'll be featured next year, I bet. :-) You are a super fun Mom- I'd eat a croissant mummy hotdog, too!
Sounds like a fun Halloween and naturally, I can't wait to see what you will be dressed up as next year.
And those pumpkins the boys did were GREAT!