Saturday, February 28, 2009



There are many things that I'd like to remember about this pregnancy- I will try and write those down later. As for this post, I want to single out one of my favorite moments leading up to Nash joining our family.
On Sunday morning, when Blake and Ethan were at church with friends, Keaton and I got to spend some 1:1 time together. He's my buddy! We went on a walk, went to the park, and came home and got cleaned up together as I could tell that it was time for our baby to come. When I'd have a contraction, I'd lean over and try and breath through it. After Keaton had watched me do this a couple of time, he became my labor partner! I bent over with a contraction and all the sudden I hear Keaton doing lamaze breathing! I wasn't aware that he had been so observant! Then he asked me "are you okay?" and I told him that the baby was going to come today. You know what he said!? He patted my belly and said in his coo-ing baby talk voice: "I'm so proud of you baby. It's okay, don't be scared." Already a great big brother...

2 comments:

aimee said...

That story made me cry a little. Little boys are the BEST!

Christopher said...

Keaton is such a cutie. Even with his random fits of anger.